Meaningful Use - So What's Changing?
Long summer days and vacations can easily make your forget about MU, but big changes are on the horizon. At the time of publishing, the final rule for the 2015-2017 Modifications to Meaningful Use has not yet been released but it is the perfect time to reacquaint yourselves with it. Earlier this spring, CORHIO recorded a webinar about the proposed changes expected to start in 2015 and you can view it here.
A few of the proposed changes to the EHR Incentive Program include:
- 90-day EHR Reporting Period for all EPs and EHs in 2015 only
- EHs will report on the calendar year starting in 2015
- Starting in 2016, all EPs and EHs will report on Stage 2 regardless of the previous year attestation
Some of the proposed changes to Meaningful Use include:
- The removal of redundant objectives
- All objectives will be required with some exclusions available
- Measure 2 of the Patient Electronic Access objective has been changed from 5% to one (1) patient per EHR Reporting Period
- Secure Electronic Messaging for EPs has been to a Yes/No measure for the capability to be enabled
- E-Prescribing is required for EHs (previously a Menu objective)