Medicare EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Hospitals
Most eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) will be able to receive incentive payments from both the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. The following hospitals are eligible to participate in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- "Subsection (d) hospitals" in the 50 states or DC that are paid under the Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS)
- Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs)
- Medicare Advantage (MA-Affiliated) Hospitals
Eligible hospitals and CAHs can qualify for incentive payments under the Medicare EHR Incentive Program if they successfully demonstrate Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology. Hospitals began receiving EHR incentive payments in 2011. Eligible hospitals and CAHs that do not successfully demonstrate Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology will be subject to Medicare payment adjustments beginning in FY 2015.
Are you eligible for both programs?
Eligible Hospitals and CAHs that qualify can receive incentive payments under both the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs. Hospitals should select “Both Medicare and Medicaid” during the registration process, even if they plan to apply only for a Medicaid EHR incentive payment in the first year of participation by adopting, implementing, or upgrading certified EHR technology.
- New - Attestation Worksheet for Modified Stage 2
- Payment Adjustments and Hardship Forms
- What's Changed for the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015-2017
- EH Attestation Worksheet for Modified Stage 2 Medicare
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications from CMS
- Objectives and Measures Table for EHs (CMS document)
- Payment Adjustments and Hardship Exceptions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
- Link to October 6th Final Rule
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.