Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
CORHIO is helping the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing educate providers on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program.
Are you eligible?
Your electronic health record system must be certified for you to qualify for incentive payments. Check this list for your EHR system:https://chpl.healthit.gov/#/search
Eligible Professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Physician Assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an Eligible Professional must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
*Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria.
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.
- New - 2016-2017 Modified Stage 2 Objectives
- New - 2017-2018 Stage 3 Objectives
- Objectives and Measures for 2016 Table of Contents
- 2016-2017 Modified Stage 2 Objectives
- EP Adopt, Implement or Upgrade (AIU) Workbook
- Preparing to Participate in 2015 through 2017
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications from CMS (2016)
- Post Payment Audits Tip Sheet - from Myers and Stauffer, LLC
- CMS Frequently Asked Questions 2016
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
Sign up for Medicaid EHR Incentive Program newsletter
Email your name and organization name to medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
To review past issues, go to our Newsletter directory page.