Medicare EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
Basic Information for Eligible Professionals Participating in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- The program started in 2011, and payments will continue through 2016.
- The last year to begin participation and receive an incentive payment was 2014.
- Eligible professionals who demonstrate Meaningful Use of certified EHR technology can receive up to $43,720 over 5 continuous years.
- To qualify for incentive payments, eligible professionals must successfully demonstrate Meaningful Use for each year of participation in the program.
- Beginning in 2015, eligible professionals who do not successfully demonstrate Meaningful Use will be subject to a payment adjustment.
Eligible professionals under the Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- Doctor of medicine or osteopathy
- Doctor of dental surgery or dental medicine
- Doctor of podiatry
- Doctor of optometry
- New - Payment Adjustments and Hardship Forms
- New - What's Changed for the EHR Incentive Programs in 2015-2017
- New - EP Attestation Worksheet for Modified Stage 2 Medicare
- Alternate Exclusions and Specifications from CMS
- Objectives & Measures for EPs (CMS document)
- 2015 Program Requirements
- 2015 CMS Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Payment Adjustments & Hardship Exceptions
- Medicare Advantage FAQ
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
- Link to October 6th Final Rule
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.