Your PHYSICIANS want immediate access to accurate patient information without having to login to multiple systems.
Your PATIENTS need better follow-up care after discharge and more seamless care between inpatient and outpatient visits.
Your HOSPITAL wants to reduce avoidable readmissions and qualify for meaningful use stimulus payments as soon as possible.
CORHIO can help!
CORHIO Health Information Exchange (HIE) Offers:
- Community-wide and statewide connectivity
- Standards-based data and message transmission
- Lab and radiology results delivery
- Data exchange adhearing to the highest privacy and security protocols
- Lab and radiology ordering (planned)
- Public health alerts, immunizations and reporting (in pilot phase)
- Medication history search and reconciliation (planned)
Benefits of Health Information Exchange
Health information exchange (HIE) is the secure, electronic process of sharing patients' clinical information with physicians and other health care providers to improve quality of care and practice efficiencies. HIE has been documented to benefit hospitals in many ways including:
- Cost-efficient data exchange with physicians and other clinicians (stop building costly point-to-point interfaces)
- Streamlined access to patient history information, especially important for emergency department clinicians
- Reduced administrative and overhead costs
- Reduced costs from faxing, mailing and couriering paper files
- HIPAA-compliant data sharing with other health care providers
- Improved quality and coordination of patient care
Community Approach to HIE in Colorado
Currently, CORHIO is serving hospitals east of the continental divide. Hospitals west of the continental divide should contact the Quality Health Network (QHN), a fully-operational regional HIE based out of Grand Junction. CORHIO and QHN will be connecting their networks for statewide connectivity.
Hospitals benefit from HIE when physicians and other health care providers in their region are connected to the network. Therefore, CORHIO is working to implement hospitals and a large numbers of physicians and other health care providers community-by-community. The communities that have connectivity today are Boulder County, Colorado Springs, Northern Colorado (Fort Collins), San Luis Valley, Parker and Pueblo. For a full list of participants, click here.
For More Information
For more information about CORHIO's HIE capabilities please contact us.
Share Your Opinions & Suggestions About CORHIO's Website - Take Our Survey Now!