NEW video: Improving Transitions of Care With Health Information Exchange
YOUR PATIENTS need more seamless care between office visits, procedures, hospitalizations, lab and radiology testing, long-term care, community and home-based care.
YOU want faster, easier access to patient information to improve care transitions and coordination with other care providers.
CORHIO can help!
What is Health Information Exchange?
Health information exchange (HIE) is the secure, electronic process of sharing patients' health information with physicians and other health care providers to improve quality of care and practice efficiencies.
All data is shared safely and securely, meeting or exceeding HIPAA standards. Download a PDF overview of HIE here.
CORHIO HIE Offers...
Clinicians and care providers:
- Cost-efficient data exchange with hospitals, physicians and other care providers
- Streamlined access to your patients' medical history
- Reduced administrative and overhead costs
- Decreased costs from faxing, printing, mailing paper files
- Secure, HIPAA-compliant information sharing with other care providers
- Improved quality and coordination of patient care
- Higher patient satisfaction
- Reduced costs by avoiding unnecessary duplicate tests
- Fewer delays in treatment
- Decreased wait time for referrals to specialists
- More accurate follow-up care between provider visits
- Access to more complete medical records (upon request to their participating care provider)
Committed to the Unique Needs of Long-Term and Post-Acute Care Providers
In long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC), providers are faced with enormous challenges associated with coordinating care for patients transitioning to and from multiple and diverse care settings. These challenges with care coordination can be resolved by enhancing communications between the different care providers on their shared patients. CORHIO is working with LTPAC organizations, hospitals, physicians and other health care providers at a community-level to improve care coordination through HIE.
For More Information
If you would like to participate in CORHIO HIE, please contact us.
Share your opinions & suggestions about CORHIO's website - Take Our Survey Now!