For Long-Term Care, Skilled Nursing and Home Health
In long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) settings, care providers are faced with enormous challenges when coordinating care for patients transitioning to and from multiple and diverse care settings. Hours can be spent making phone calls and tracking down information on patient status, lab results, medications, and treatment plans. Colorado now has a secure health information exchange (HIE) network that gives care providers in your organization access to patient records from hospitals and labs across the state. To see a list of organizations participating and the type of data is available, see Participating Providers.
Fill In Information Gaps From Hospitals and Labs
When you participate in the CORHIO HIE network, you can quickly access real-time information to improve care transitions and better coordinate care within your organization and with other providers. The system saves your staff valuable time by providing the latest clinical results from hospitals and labs, so you no longer have to track down this information The HIE includes data on laboratory and pathology results, radiology and consult reports, orders, patient care summaries, transcription notes, ADT information, face sheets, and more.
CORHIO Health Information Exchange Offers:
- Streamlined access to patients’ medical history, saving valuable time searching through paper charts and faxes or making phone calls
- Decreased costs as a result of reduced faxing, printing, mailing paper files, and other administrative tasks
- Streamlined MDS and Oasis reporting, which saves time and could increase accuracy of reporting
- More efficient workflow for discharge planners, helping them focus on more complex cases
- Reduced costs and physical risks to patients by avoiding unnecessary duplicate tests