For Physician Practices & Health Clinics
Providing top-notch patient care while at the same time maintaining a financially successful practice has become exceptionally challenging in recent years. Patients are more informed and demanding than ever, expecting physicians and care providers to have immediate solutions for their healthcare problems. Furthermore, payers and insurance companies are shifting payments from fee-for-service toward quality metrics and patient outcomes.
Did you know that health information exchange (HIE) services can help you improve patient care, reduce administrative burdens, and earn payer incentives?
Our HIE services make it easier to gather patient histories and review up-to-the-minute test results so that physicians and clinical care providers can make quicker diagnoses and more targeted treatment recommendations. And, with more comprehensive patient information and real-time notifications for ER visits, hospitalizations and abnormal test results from across care settings at your fingertips, your providers can provide more proactive care that contribute to improved quality metrics and payment incentives.
Participation in the CORHIO HIE network gives you access to securely send and/or receive data from any other provider who participates in the CORHIO HIE network. View a list of participating providers and details on the data available in the network.
Benefits of HIE to Healthcare Providers:
- Faster access to lab results and radiology reports
- Streamlined access to patient histories and hospital discharge summaries
- Fewer phone calls to hospitals and other care providers requesting patient information
- Automated, electronic physician referral and consult processes
- Reduced administrative and overhead costs
- Improved patient satisfaction
- HIPAA-compliant data sharing with other healthcare providers
Information Types Exchanged:
- Lab and pathology results
- Radiology reports
- Transcription notes (i.e., discharge summaries, H&Ps, operative reports and ED reports)
- ADT information
- Referral requests
- Consult reports
- Direct secure messaging
- Continuity of Care Documents (CCDs)
For details on data available in the CORHIO network by sender, click here.
What our participants are saying:
“The biggest problem that I see in medicine is we duplicate things. So many times a test has been done, it’s even been resulted and the patient didn’t recall having the test or didn’t know what the test was or didn’t know the results and we duplicate it. And I’ve seen studies of just how much money we’re wasting reduplicating efforts that have already been made. And with CORHIO, I don’t have to redo the MRI.”
Dr. Jackie McCollum
Physician & Practice Owner
Primary Care Practice