Important Opportunity for Primary Care Practices; Launches This April
The Facilitating Alcohol Screening and Treatment (FAST) program is seeking participation from primary care practices in Colorado
CORHIO has been selected to assist practices with an important new program to screen patients for unhealthy alcohol use. This six-month facilitated quality improvement program has been funded by The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
What will practices receive?
- Training for staff, medical providers and behavioral health professionals on Screening, Brief Intervention, Medication Assisted Treatment, and, when necessary Referral to Treatment for alcohol use
- Evidence-based interventions to help patients with unhealthy alcohol use
- Support of a highly trained practice facilitator
- Assistance with tracking your patients with an alcohol use disorder
- Access to experts in medical and behavioral treatments for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Potential alignment with other projects
- Peer-to-peer support for Medication Assisted Treatment will be available for all clinicians
- $1,000 for practice time spent in completing assessments, providing data, and any other research-related activities
What is the timing?
The first practices will launch in April of 2020. Practices will continue to be enrolled to start the 9-month engagement through Mid-2021.
How do practices enroll?
Visit the website to learn more, enroll and select CORHIO as your preferred Practice Transformation Organization (PTO): https://www.practiceinnovationco.org/alcohol
(When you select the FAST program at the top, after completing your contact information, you will be asked to select your preferred Practice Transformation Organization.)