Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
CORHIO is helping the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing educate providers on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Colorado will open sometime in the spring for Program Year 2018 attestations for the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. Resources, including webinars and checklists, are available below.
Are you eligible?
Your electronic health record system must be certified for you to qualify for incentive payments. Check this list for your EHR system:https://chpl.healthit.gov/#/search
Eligible Professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Physician Assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an Eligible Professional must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
*Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria.
For more information on eligibility, view this brief recorded webinar: https://youtu.be/oor8Gv72Cao
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.
- New - Attestation Checklist for Program Year 2018
- New - Eligible Professional Eligibility Workbook
- New - CO Group Eligibility Workbook
- New - Eligible Professional Medicaid De-Identified Eligibility Workbook
- New - Program Year 2018 Eligible Professional Modified Stage 2 Objectives
- New - Program Year 2018 Eligible Professional Stage 3 Objectives
- New - Eligible Professional Attestation Schedule
- Registering at CMS for the Colorado Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (recorded webinar)
- Colorado Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Eligibility and Reporting (recorded webinar)
- How to Save PDFs
- Post Payment Audits Tip Sheet - from Myers and Stauffer, LLC
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
Sign up for Medicaid EHR Incentive Program newsletter
Email your name and organization name to medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
To review past issues, go to our Newsletter directory page.