Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
CORHIO is helping the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing educate providers on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. The MAPIR system will open Monday, March 23 and close at 11:59 PM Monday, June 22 for program year 2019 attestations. Resources, including webinars and checklists, are available below.
Are you eligible?
Your electronic health record system must be certified for you to qualify for incentive payments. Check this list for your EHR system:https://chpl.healthit.gov/#/search
Eligible Professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Physician Assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an Eligible Professional must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
*Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria.
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.
- NEW! Frequently Asked Questions: Program Year 2019 Patient Electronic Access
- NEW! Patient Electronic Access Program Year 2019 Documentation Requirements
- NEW! API Audit VDT and API Audit Log
- NEW! Quick Test - Dashboard Tracking Only VDT or VDT and API
- NEW! Eligible Professional Attestation Schedule Program Year 2019
- NEW! Meaningful Use Objectives Stage 3
- NEW! Program Year 2019 Eligible Professional Attestation Checklist
- NEW! Clinical Decision Support Tip Sheet
- NEW Webinar! Suggested Documents to Support Attestation
- NEW Webinar! MAPIR Enhancements and Common Oversights
- Webinar: Colorado Medicaid Meaningful Use 2018 and 2019
- Webinar: How to Update Your CMS Registration
- Webinar: Eligibility and Reporting Periods
- Webinar: Navigating interChange
- Webinar: Navigating the MAPIR System
- Eligible Professional Eligibility Workbook
- CO Group Eligibility Workbook
- Eligible Professional Medicaid De-Identified Eligibility Workbook
- Registering at CMS for the Colorado Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (recorded webinar)
- How to Save PDFs
- Post Payment Audits Tip Sheet - from Myers and Stauffer, LLC
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
Sign up for Medicaid EHR Incentive Program newsletter
Email your name and organization name to medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
To review past issues, go to our Newsletter directory page.