Medicaid EHR Incentive Program for Eligible Professionals
CORHIO is helping the Department of Health Care Policy & Financing educate providers on the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. The MAPIR system will be available and accepting Medicaid Eligible Professional attestations for Program Year (PY) 2020 beginning January 15, 2021 and closing April 13, 2021. Resources, including webinars and checklists, are available below.
Are you eligible?
Your electronic health record system must be certified for you to qualify for incentive payments. Check this list for your EHR system:https://chpl.healthit.gov/#/search
Eligible Professionals under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program include:
- Physicians (primarily doctors of medicine and doctors of osteopathy)
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Physician Assistants who furnish services in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) or Rural Health Clinic (RHC) that is led by a Physician Assistant
To qualify for an incentive payment under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program, an Eligible Professional must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 30% Medicaid patient volume*
- Have a minimum 20% Medicaid patient volume, and is a pediatrician*
- Practice predominantly in a FQHC or RHC and have a minimum 30% patient volume attributable to needy individuals
*Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) patients do not count toward the Medicaid patient volume criteria.
Questions on the EHR Incentive Programs?
Medicaid - Contact the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Coordinator at medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
Medicare - Call the CMS EHR Information Center at 888.734.6433 for assistance.
- NEW! Program Year 2020 Attestation Checklist
- NEW! Meaningful Use Objectives Stage 3
- NEW! 2020 De-Identified Workbook
- NEW! 2020 Eligibile Professional Eligibility Workbook
- NEW! 2020 Group Eligibility Workbook
- NEW! PY 2020 Attestation Schedule
- NEW! Webinar: MAPIR Enhancements and Common Oversights for PY 2020
- NEW! Webinar: Suggested Documents to Support and Attestation
- NEW! Webinar: Eligibility and Reporting Periods PY 2020 and 2021
- NEW! Tips for Eligible Professionals Selected for a Post-payment Audit
- API Audit VDT and API Audit Log PY 2019
- Quick Test - Dashboard Tracking Only VDT or VDT and API PY 2019
- Webinar: How to Update Your CMS Registration
- Registering at CMS for the Colorado Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (recorded webinar)
- How to Save PDFs
- CDPHE Meaningful Use Registration Page
Sign up for Medicaid EHR Incentive Program newsletter
Email your name and organization name to medicaidEHR@corhio.org or 720-285-3232.
To review past issues, go to our Newsletter directory page.