CORHIO Expands Expertise in Medical Home Practice TransformationDate: June 24th, 2015Category: CORHIO e-NewsletterTopics: Transformation Support Services, Medical Home Model
To help Colorado practices pursue medical home recognition, CORHIO’s Transformation Support Services team expands expertise in the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recognition program.
CORHIO’s Transformation Support Services team now includes a NCQA PCMH Certified Content Expert, Erin Dormaier, to better support clinics and physician practices interested in pursuing Patient-Centered Medical Home™ (PCMH™) recognition.
“In Colorado, we’re seeing some payers offering medical home incentives, which is great,” says Kelly Procopio, Transformation Support Services Director. “We’re hoping for even more payer involvement in the near future and that as value-based payment systems spread, more primary care physicians will be earning additional incentives for medical home transformation.”
The medical home philosophy of primary care emphasizes a team-based workflow and focuses on prevention, disease management, and reducing hospital admissions and readmissions. It relies on improving caregiver and patient communication and using technology to inform decisions and track progress. Supporting the medical home program is a natural extension of CORHIO’s core emphasis on empowering providers with information, improving patient outcomes and reducing unnecessary costs in health care.
CORHIO is committed to assisting providers with medical home recognition, which for some, can be a daunting task. “I am excited to assist practices in achieving patient centered medical home recognition,” says Transformation Support Services Manager Erin Dormaier. “Documenting and formalizing the medical home processes can be overwhelming for practices and this is one area where I can help. The medical home approach can lead to higher quality care and better patient outcomes, which is why I’m proud to be helping providers achieve recognition.”
CORHIO Transformation Support Services
If your organization is seeking medical home recognition from NCQA, perhaps in partnership with one of your payers, or if you’re interested in learning if medical home recognition is the right path for you, CORHIO’s Transformation Support Services team of experts can help.
CORHIO offers consulting services, both directly and through our partner organizations, to assist practices in transforming into medical homes. We can help single location organizations or multiple site organizations with:
- EHR reports, policies and procedures, document preparation, and submission of the recognition application
- Guidance on how to utilize available health information technology
- Updates on changes to the NCQA recognition program, including important deadlines
- Recommendations for workflow and cultural changes needed to transform the practice
- Post-certification check-ins to review elements and opportunities to advance the level of certification and audits, if necessary
- Advice on the best resources to utilize, such as helpful toolkits and webinars that we have reviewed for accuracy
- Recommendations for tying PCMH recognition with Meaningful Use and Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) measures
For more information about CORHIO’s Transformation Support Services, please contact us online or call 720-285-3200.